Monday, November 21, 2011

Peter Robb

I am reading at the moment (on my Kindle) a book by Peter Robb - Street fight in Naples: A city's unseen history. I know very little about Peter Robb other than what he reveals explicitly or otherwise in his book. He is an Australian who has spent many years in Italy, and in particular in Naples.
I have also read his books Midnight in Sicily and M (about Caravaggio or Merisi).



His style is to intermingle his personal experiences with the many layers of Italian history. The result comes very close to expressing what I love about Italy, why I enjoy living here.

 I am surprised to see now from wikipedia that he lived in Italy for only fourteen years. I've been 13, and I'm not ready yet to write my Italian opus. Maybe next year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home